IB WORLD SCHOOL
St. John’s Academy Shawnigan Lake is an IB World School (International Baccalaureate) with a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.
IB Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate program aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging
programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people,
with their differences, can also be right.
St. John’s Academy Shawnigan Lake is quite unique in our approach to student assessment and reporting of assessment results. Please watch this screencast to understand the aspects of our academic program:
- IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) Model
- IB Learner Profile Attributes
- Purposes of assessment: Formative vs. Summative
- Why criterion-based assessment: Focused, objective, mastery
- ManageBac – Getting set-up, navigating ManageBac, expectations
For further information on MYP assessment, please also check out this video:
St. John’s Academy Shawnigan Lake provides the subject group overview as below.
MYP Personal Project Guide
Watch the video-Grade 10 Personal Projects Exhibition 2021
- MYP Personal Project Guide
- Parent Guide for Personal Project
- Personal Project Report Template 2020-2021