St. John’s Academy Shawnigan Lake cares about our parents being an informed and engaged part of our learning community. With that in mind, we’ve put together this portal with key links and policies that might be helpful.
- Welcome from Head of School
- Community Calendar 2022-2023
- Re-Enrollment Process
- Bus Registration Form
- Weekly Newsletter
- Staff Directory
- School Photos
- School Policies & Forms
- School Uniform
During these complex times we invite all community members to keep our core values at the heart of all interactions, with caring being the foundation. Being a diverse community, we serve our collective well-being best by acknowledging and allowing for different ways to negotiate these uncertain times. As a school, we will continue to monitor and adhere to government regulations.
As you know, BC has shifted away from detailed contact tracing and has limited the collection of infection data. As members of our community test positive and share that information with us, we will respectfully share it with you. That said, students are not required to disclose and we are not allowed to share specific or personal data.
To help keep our community safe I have gathered some key links below from the Greater Victoria School District and have the attached letter from our Human Resources Manager.
We post updates, student work and other key files to our ManageBac platform which can only be accessed by parents. For a refresher on how to use the platform check out this tutorial.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- K-12 Health Check (gov.bc.ca)
- Vaccine_children_5_11.pdf (bccdc.ca)
- COVID-19 in Schools | Island Health
- Guidance-k-12-schools.pdf (bccdc.ca)
- Addendum_K-12Guidance_12292021.pdf (bccdc.ca)
- Attachment 3 – Provincial COVID-19 Health Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings_November 17 2020 – DRAFT (gov.bc.ca)
- k-12-covid-19-health-safety-guidelines-addendum.pdf (gov.bc.ca)
- covid-19-protocols-for-administrators.pdf (gov.bc.ca)
POLICIES & FORMS
- Student and Parent Handbook – 2020-2021
- SJASL Dorms Family Handbook 2022-2023
- Student Conduct and Discipline Policy
- School Emergency Measures Policy
- Lakefront Safety Policy
- Student Anti-bullying & Harassment Policy
- Anaphylaxis and Allergies Policy (Staff and Student)
- Child Abuse and Neglect Policy
- Student Violence and Threat Risk Assessment (Students)
- Student Violence and Threat Risk Assessment (Parents)
- Refund Policy
- Informed Consent Guide 2022-23
- Boarding Policy (Single Room)
SCHOOL COMMUNITY CALENDAR
In addition to the live calendar below, you can view previous school community calendars from the menu above.