International Student Fee
2021-2022 International Student Fee
1. All fees are in Canadian dollars and include applicable taxes.
2. St. John’s Academy is bonded with the British Columbia Ministry of Education.
3. To register, new students are required to pay all fees for the entire school year.
4. St. John’s Academy provides a Custodianship Declaration for all students under the school’s boarding.
5. The Administration fee is for the school to process forms, technology fees, school supplies, and building maintenance fee.
6. The Tuition fee covers 1015 contact class time hours for one year (September to June). Monday to Friday 6 hours a day of class time (excluding statutory holidays and professional development days). The Tuition fee covers our co-curricular clubs taught at the school, field trips and tournaments organized by teachers during or beyond class time.
7. The Boarding Program fee covers a complete youth development program based on our life skills development curriculum, supervision, professional guidance, study hall (4 evenings/week), leadership & service opportunities, shared accommodation (3-4 students/room), daily buffet breakfast and dinner, set lunch, afterschool snack, bedding and linens, and laundry facilities.
8. The Boarding Program is managed by St. John’s Academy Youth Coordinator.*We do not accept International students living at homestays. Should international students live off campus, they must be living with parents or relatives.
9. The Incidental fee is used when students require unexpected costs such as purchases, tutoring, field trips. Any unused balance of the incidental fee will be refunded after all the student charges have been processed at the end of the year.
10. The Medical Insurance fee includes 3 months of Private Insurance followed by the B.C. Medical Services Plan for those on a valid study permit.
11. The Airport Pick-up/Drop-off fee is included if student’s departure or arrival dates fall in the designated times. If student’s need a pick-up or drop-off students will be charged accordingly.
12. All boarding students receive the upgraded uniform package and receive more uniform pieces. Any additional school uniform items are charged on a per item basis.
13. Overnight trips and ski trips, co-curricular clubs off campus are separately charged on participation.
14. All payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
15. The Boarding Program is run by St. John’s International School Shawnigan Lake LTD.