Our Co-curricular Clubs will continue to be offered after school and during school in term 3 starting March 30th and concluding June 11th. Our CCC’s are organized into three categories that are in line with the IB Programme. They are Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS). Participation in CCCs is expected for all students in Grade 6 to 11. Each student is expected to select a minimum of 2 CCCs. There may be exceptions due to outside school commitments that we will consider on an individual basis. These students are asked to speak to Mr. Visscher. Grade 10 and 11 students will also be asked to take a student leadership role in leading clubs. At St John’s Academy Shawnigan Lake, we are committed to offering CCCs free of charge when they are offered at school by our staff. In the case of CCC activities offered off-campus, specific information will be sent home regarding date, time and fee details.
Why Offer Co-Curricular Clubs to students?
- Explore interests and maybe even find a passion for something.
- Join other students from your own grade, or even other grades, that otherwise would not connect with.
- Provide more opportunities to become a well-rounded individual.
- Learn a new skill and help to relieve academic stress.
- Support further academic pursuits in a comfortable setting and more time with the teacher.
Mr. Travis Visscher PE and Outdoor Education Instructor